Friday, May 27, 2011

Cycle 4 Wednesday - Friday

Well the rest of the week has gone by really slow but it is now Friday afternoon at 2 so we have 7 1/2 more hours. 

Wednseday: Cooper woke up and said, "I have been here for this many days (holding up 5 fingers) can we go home yet?"  He is slowing wearing down.  He quit eating Wednesday afternoon, seems to happen every time. 

Thursday: Yesterday Jared and I were able to meet the cancer patient in the room next to us.  She has the exact same cancer Cooper does.  Her story is very much the same too.  She found a lump, doctors thought it was a hematoma, they watched it, it became tender, diagnosis of cancer and the she is on cycle 11 of the 14.  She is a sweet 17 year old who missed her senior year.  Before this happened she planned to be a nurse, she still plans to persue her career.  She gave me a lot of insight on how Cooper is feeling since they have the exact same treatment plan.  She says it hurts so bad to swallow after the Doxo cycle and that nothing seems to help it.  She also likes Little Cesars breadsticks and McDonalds just like Coop.  She is a wonderful, tough, brave and courageous girl that we wish all of the best too.  It is nice to know someone who has gone through the same cycles.  It hasn't been an easy road for her.  She has been hospitalized after every cycle for fever except cycle 9 and 10.  I guess this gives me hope for the future cycles.

Friday: Today Coop is having fun painting trying to pass the time until we get to go home.  We will keep our fingers crossed that he won't have a fever, although I am totally planning on it. 


1 comment:

  1. Holly,

    Just now getting caught up on all your blog posts. I am sorry you guys are going through all this, it breaks my heart to see these little ones have to endure it. I can't imagine what you must be feeling as parents. I hope the tumor continues to shrink. You guys are in our prayers..

    Melissa Larson (Yearsley)

    ReplyDelete